Saturday, March 1, 2008

Chess in Seattle

Lauren here!
In the city of Seattle, there's a lot of special things about this city.
Starbucks, Microsoft, etc.

Seattle, Washington has hosted the U.S chess championships a couple of times (From
1999 to 2006). In 2007, the US championship was hosted in Oklahoma.
I think it's great that Washington hosted it for a good number of times. That means that Washington
loves chess! Does that mean
a lot of chess players play in Seattle? Maybe on a specific street? Today, I didn't see any chess players in
downtown Seattle. I'm sure they play on a specific street. If you know, please let me know.
Anyway, please click HERE for the Seattle Chess club.
In San Francisco, many chess players play on Market street, but I don't reccommend playing there
because of various reasons.

Fun facts!
One of the most famous landmarks in Seattle is the Space Needle.
It really stands out because it is far away from the main downtown buildings!

Here's my funny joke, I hope you get it:
I went to see Attle, my friend!!! Ha Ha!

No comments: